ProductLife Group is looking for a Account payable officer to join our dynamic team to contribute to the activities performed in the Hub:
The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization.
Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
A typical Accounts Payable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
To efficiently manage the paying of invoices owed by the company, an Accounts Payable Officer must perform a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
– Check accuracy of invoices
– Input and code invoices to cost centre
– Process invoices
– Match Invoices with Purchase Order (if applicable)
– Send invoices to Manager for payment approval
– Schedule pay runs based on standard company payment terms – Process payments on our online banking system
– First point of contact with Debtors chasing payment of invoices
– Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process
– Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner
– Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and more
– Support the month end process by providing supporting documentation for month end journals
– Report on Aged Payables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
– Identify improvements to the accounts payable process
The Account Payable clerk is part of a Shared Service Center Account Payable team whose responsibility is to take charge of Accounts Payable for the entire Group.